Frequently Asked Questions
The below classifications can be booked through self-service:
- Death Notices
- Tributes & Condolences
- Funeral Notices (Funeral Directors only)
To book into other classifications, please email email@example.com.
- Funeral Notices (Family Members)
- In Memoriam
- Bereavement Thanks
- Funeral Directors and Services
- Go to www.mytributes.com.au/.
- Scroll down to the category section and click on Death Notices or Funeral Notices. Or you may use the search bar, as seen in the video above.
- Scroll down to the search filters on the left hand side and from the Date menu select timeframe and from the Publication menu select publication name (eg. Herald Sun). Then click Update.
- If you want to go to another category, e.g. from Death Notices to Funeral Notices, you can do so from the search filter on the left and the filters will stay applied to your search.
- At the top of the search results, click on the Sort menu and select Sort by name and the search results will refresh and display in alphabetical order.
Death notices are placed to announce a recent passing whereas Funeral notices include the details of the Funeral or Memorial Service.
*Some publications allow a combined Death and Funeral notice to be printed.
All Death and Funeral notices remain online indefinitely.
- Death notices are placed to announce a recent passing.
- In-memoriam notices are placed in remembrance of a loved one, to typically mark the anniversary of their passing.
- Condolence notices are placed to express sympathy and support to someone who has suffered a loss.
The Premium Obituary service includes your choice of quarter, half or full page story that will be published in both print and online at www.mytributes.com.au/obituaries/.
Booking a notice
A digital listing is an online notice published on mytributes.com.au.
Yes it is. Our packages allow the ease to choose multiple publications, across different locations.
When a death occurs interstate or overseas, proof of passing is not required.
You can refer to News Concierge for packages available for Death & Tribute notices. Go to www.newsconcierge.com.au/tributes/plans-pricing/.
- Death Certificate
- Confirmation of passing from the Funeral Director
Notices can be placed by either the Funeral Director or by a Family Member/Next-of-Kin.
The notice will not publish until we can confirm the passing. The notice will stay on hold for up to 4 business days, awaiting confirmation.
Notices are sorted (i.e. the order in which they appear in the paper) in the following order
- Funeral Director
- Husband/Wife/De Facto
- Children/Step Children
- Other Family
Notices are inclusive of colour, images and fonts at no extra cost.
Yes, we can help you personalise your notice by adding in images, quotes or poems for your loved one (photos can be sent or images are available on News Concierge as well).
- Credit Card
News Concierge is our online self-service platform for our customers seeking the flexibility to place their classified ads online at any time.
Unfortunately, you cannot change the email address listed on News Concierge.
- Place a notice
- Choose location
- Choose Publication
- Choose package
- Click “Log in to my account”
- Sign Up
You can place notices 24/7. However, for changes please email the News Concierge helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org. They are available from 8am - 5pm (Mon - Fri) and 10am - 5pm (Sun) AEST.
Please find the publication deadlines attached here, News Concierge deadlines
However, please note News Concierge deadlines close an hour before the print deadlines.
For any last minute changes on your booking, please contact one of our Sales Consultants on 1300 058 002 and they can make the changes for you.